Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cafe Church

Once a quarter we do a cafe instead of church, its a cool time to bring in a guest speaker and eat some yum food with people. Its cool to bring people who have never been to church before to get introduced to the body of believers. This past cafe church was a fully YOUTH run, operated, and themed. My kids were servers, did artwork, baked muffins, weaved flax flowers, performed the background music for the whole thing am I am SO proud of them!! Job well done. And I got to connect with some new people in the community so that is AWESOME! (Kinda the purpose of the cafes, so I am pumped).
I get to MC because I am awesome. Just kidding... I am the youth pastor and it was youth theme so they let me talk, haha! 

Dave Atkinson from Parents, Inc (a Christian based company that helps  families to be all they can be). He has spoken to over 90% over NZ public schools about teens issues (sex, drugs, technology)- He is my new hero!
my kids serving- dont they look so good? :-) 
Gorgeous Jan and Odette made the muffins
my boys playing music- so talented and such hard workers!