Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Someone Told Me it's all Happening at the Zoo...


“…It's a light and tumble journey
From the East Side to the park;
Just a fine and fancy ramble
To the zoo…”



My two year old niece Isabella loves going to the zoo, she loves all the sights and sounds of the animals. She and Laura (my sister-in-law) go the zoo all the time. Her love for animals reminds me of this song that I love by Simon and Garfunkel, "At the Zoo." This song is so fun, giving clever human characteristics to the different animals...

"The monkeys stand for honesty,
Giraffes are insincere,
And the elephants are kindly but
They're dumb."

When I was a kid I thought to myself, which animal am I? I hope not an elephant, haha. Have you ever played that game where you try to figure out what kind of animal a friend looks like? My friends always told me I looked like a monkey or a raccoon. But these days I am reciting this song, the part that goes…

“Zebras are reactionaries,
Antelopes are missionaries,
Pigeons plot in secrecy...”



I may not look like one, but I am an antelope! I am a Missionary with Global Partners, so that make me an Antelope!! Thus the title to my blog- “Antelopes Are Missionaries.” This blog is devoted to you; my family and friends, for all your support as I am going through this process of preparation and eventual departure to New Zealand in September 2009 [God-willing]. I will be updating it every few weeks to keep you in the loop of what's going on in my life, particularly in relation to New Zealand!



Thanks so much for investing in me and caring about me. I thank God for you.

Please keep praying!

and check out "At the Zoo" on youtube: