Sunday, June 13, 2010

Quote of the Day

I have been reading this book Forgotten God, Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit and it has been rocking my world for some time. Right now I am on the chapter called Supernatural Church and so much of this book is (obviously) about revealing how we may have ignored the Holy Spirit in many practical senses. We love Jesus and pray to God the Father but its easy to forget about the HOLY SPIRIT that fills us and helps us to live an extraordinary, transformed life. This quote below really resinates with me at the moment. And it makes me smile :-)

"I don't want my life to be explainable without the Holy Spirit. I want people to look at my life and know that I couldn't be doing this by my own power. I want to live in such a way that I am desperate for Him to come through. That if He doesn't come through, I am screwed. (I probably shouldn't write that word here, but it's truly how I feel about this.)"

-Francis Chan
quoted from  Forgotten God, Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit  (p. 142)