Thursday, June 10, 2010

A lot has happened in 11 DAYS!

In typical fashion, I HIT THE GROUND RUNNING!! Here is the last 10 days in words & pics:
Day 1 (Sat) Landed! Surprise Breakfast party at like 8 am. My flat was lovingly prepared for me :-))
Day 2 (Sun) First Sunday! Yung (R) is one of the volunteer Pastors who worlks with Korean youth. His son wore his USA shirt just for me!! First Sunday=Two thumbs up!
Day 3 (Mon) Participated in Champions- bringing Bible into public school (along with a meal). This gives kids who NEVER would step foot in a church a chance to hear the Gospel in school!!

Day 4 (Tue) Meetings, wrapping mind around the vision of Shore Grace for reaching their community with God's love

Day 5 (Wed) "Laundro" youth group mtg- met lots of students I'll be working with, like them already. I taught them "Signs" one of my favorite games, it was a hit!

Day 6 (Thurs) Mexican meal and hang out with Americans (and a Kiwi). This was Rachel's last meal she cooked in NZ! Awwww. Miss her already!! Love ya girl.

Also was my first day driving on left side by myself!! Now I have those round abouts mastered!

Day 7 (Fri) Pack and go to camp! I got to ride up with Brent and the speaker, Phil Struckmeyer, who is the church planting guru from West Michigan. So it was awesome to get to pick his brain for an hour

Day 8-10 (Sat-Mon) Queen's Birthday weekend- aka "Gathering" winter camp- so fun!! Awesome speaker and people. 
I helped plan youth activities, lead a youth seminar on reading/understanding the Bible, it was well received by teens :-)
Christmas in June! Santa even made an appearance!! (I am so confused which season/month it is, because its cold but its June!!) 
Some of my teens... these ones are like little brothers, they are Pastor Mike and Micelle's boys and my neighbors/ NZ family :-) 


This was the visual Phil reference, it was are to be a radically devoted follower of Christ, bading together with other believers we can influence one place/city at a time and see the whole world come to know Christ as their Savior!! 
I was so challenged by Phil's (L) messages.
Day 11 (Tue) Ministry day off, spent it saying bye to Rachel and hanging with friends
Day 12 (Wed) Laundro- had AWESOME discussions with youth about future!!
Still to come...
Day 13 (Thurs) Planning calendar Day 
Day 14 (Friday) LaserForce with teens!