This week the teens and I have been talking about Paul and Timothy's lives and the letters/instructions Paul wrote to Timothy. We have been exploring what it would look like today if we were to follow his instructions. This is the scripture we have been meditating and praying through this week:
1 Timothy 4:11-14
11Command and teach these things. 12Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.13Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.14Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
I have asked them; "what does it LOOK like to practically live out "being an example in SPEECH, LIFE, LOVE, FAITH, and PURITY" so that we can be an example?" We had some good discussion Wednesday & this morning. Looking forward to hearing more on Wed. One student seems to be really digging in and already texted me he has got some exciting "God-breaking-through" kinda stuff to share! Awesome!