I am almost pushing into week 4 being here in New Zealand. And there are SO MANY random things I have observed so I decided I am going to share them as they come up. Randomly.
Observation #1: Cell phones are called MOBILES. Mobiles are used mostly for texting. It is considerably different than the states, I used my cell to make all my calls, but here my plan allows 30 minutes call time... A MONTH and 200 texts... a month! Ha!! (I have to get more texts tho, b/c that is too few).
Observation #2: People say hey a lot but at the end of sentences. Like our Canadian neighbors say "eh" (which I have already adopted while living in Buffalo)... for example they would say , "Well that was nice of them, hey?"
Observation #3: Round-abouts are everywhere. I like this actually. After figuring them out I think it makes more sense for traffic flow than lights or stop signs.
Observation #4: NZ is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world!! I have met people from South Africa, Ireland, India, Malaysia, Laan, Fiji, Zimbabwe, England... and the list goes on.
That is all for now. Many many more to come as I encounter them. :-) Thanks for sticking with me!!