A couple weeks ago I boarded a bus at 7pm with 36 kids and a couple cops, about to embark on all night adventure of bowling, hot pools, movie and ice skating that didn't end until 7 am!!. It was fun but exhausting. I closed my eyes on the bus for 39 seconds and sure enough I ended up with highlighter on my face ;)
This all nighter was sponsored by the Blue Light- which is the public relations part of the police. I really enjoyed getting to know the police officers and speak with them about they saw as prevailing issues with youth in Auckland. Not surprisingly they said suicide is a big one. listening to their stories was heart breaking but it was cool to hear one is a Christian. How awesome to have light amongst such darkness.
Throughout the night the police and the kids laughed, play-fought and had a memorable night. So good for them (and me) to be reminded cops are friends and there to protect and serve (not just arrest people and give speeding tickets, ha!)
