On Feb 22 there was a major earthquake that devastated the city centre and surrounding towns of Christchurch, New Zealand. I went down to join the Salvation Army, going door to door to check if that basic needs were being met & how they were coping. The Salvo's have the full support of the gov't and they're working together to make sure the community is getting their needed support- physically, emotionally and spiritually. (How amazing is that?! A Christian organization is government supported part of bringing hope to these people. They will be part of the rebuilding foundational blocks in this community.) The destruction of homes, shops and lives I saw was overwhelming... but amidst the craziness I was struck by the resiliency of the people of Christchurch. There are so many survivors, please pray for strength and support as they pick up the pieces and rebuild their beautiful city(s).
"PART 2: HOPE" coming soon...