Reader's Digest Version: Getting into a pattern of life and loving it; involved with Champions (Bible in Schools Program) and leading the youth discipleship & activities. Our church's year focus is "love your neighbor" so a lot of what we do is community building and outward focused. I love my neighborhood and live in walking distance of several families in the church. I see God's faithfulness daily in the connectedness I feel and how things are coming together!
GETTING INTO A ROUTINE:
| Mondays: Champions Bible in School Program (@West Harbour Primary- a local lower socio-economic school [and we feed kids lunch too!!]) |
| Wednesday: Laundro with "Core" youth (discipleship) |
| Friday FUSION youth Laserforce outing |
| Sunday worship at Shore Grace, I teach "Core" youth (we meet @ Greenhithe Primary School gym) |
Novel Version:
My church: Shore Grace has identified that in this neigborhood that there are not a lot of physical needs, but there is a REAL need for community. A lot of what we are involved with is relationship building activities, life-together type stuff, with hopes of getting to share Christ with them. I love the students here, its funny that the majority are boys with a few girls sprinkled in there. They are lovely! Its an ongoing challenge to channel their brilliantly artful and creative minds to pay attention while I am teaching but its stretching me to figure out how to communicate God's truth in relevant ways.
Relationships/friends update: Clearly, if you know me at all you know I am a people person and I would have people around me 24/7 if I had my way. Well, I love the people here, the families in my church are awesome. I am the only one in my age group at the church but its been cool to see how God has brought friends my way. A friend named Carmel has been such a blessing to me with her friendship and is helping me now with the youth on Fridays! (HUGE answer to prayer!!).
Connecting to local schools: One of my goals here is to connect with students in their space. Here in NZ pastors are allowed in public schools- amazing, right? I have identified 4 schools as potential to invest. This is still in process but it is awesome to see connections being made with time through relationships.
Connecting to local schools: One of my goals here is to connect with students in their space. Here in NZ pastors are allowed in public schools- amazing, right? I have identified 4 schools as potential to invest. This is still in process but it is awesome to see connections being made with time through relationships.
Housing: I am living in a flat above a medical centre by myself. At first I wasn't sure if the loneliness would kill me, but I am enjoying at the moment. It can be a little dull eating alone (don't feel sorry for me!), many times I eat at a neighbor or friend's house or have visitors. Its forcing me to create a life for myself and not rely on others to do it for me, haha. I loved being a little sister, so I enjoy others making plans and I just show up. So its a growing point to be on my own and not have my family/best friends around me. But some days it does make me quite sad. But then I look around at the faithfulness of God to bring to me a place with such amazing people ... and I AM LIVING MY DREAM, LIVING IN NEW ZEALAND! WoooHoooo! ThankYouGod!!