I know a family that reads the Christmas story out of the Bible every year on Christmas and I want to adopt that tradition. Here is a link to Luke's version of Jesus' birth, hope you get a chance to read it as we celebrate Christ's birth.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%202:1-20&version=NIV I really do hope that this Christmas is a time to celebrate Jesus, and the amazing faithfulness and sacrifice of God to empty himself and become human, like us. When you think about...how awesome is the incarnation (God becoming human as Christ)?? It explodes my mind. Jesus is Immanuel, which means "God with us". I really do hope that you know the God that is with us and you feel his presence, not just on Christmas, but everyday. Merry Christmas :-)
One of my favorite Christmas songs- The Blessed Dawn Of Christmas Day- Harry Connick Jr.
The blessed dawn of Christmas day
As honestly as children pray
The warmth that melts the eve away
The holiness of alpenglow
I rose to join the glorious morn
Whose calm and splendor would adorn
The virgin mother's infant born
The blessed dawn of Christmas day
I pray one day my heart will see
The light of God's eternity
And know that Jesus died for me
Now close, my eyes
So I may rise
At blessed dawn of Christmas day