Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Review of this week

My review: two thumbs up.

What did I do?
-click here for my FB album of pics
  • met with pastors and the W.Michigan District Superintendent of the Wesleyan Church
  • stayed with an incredible family (Hendriksens), Taco/nacho night and games with some friends of the Hendriksens- hilarious! Discovered a new game that I love- pit
  • had unexpected priviledge of hanging out with a girl ("Phoebe") that served at Shore Grace in NZ a few years ago
  • I enjoyed meeting & tagging along with some youth from Kentwood Community Church where they serve at a local assisted living home
  • Participated in Invisible Children's international demonstration called The RESCUE in Downtown GR: that's a WHOLE other story/post coming soon.
  • experienced 3 churches (it was also cool that God sent a friend(s) to go with me which was unexpected and appreciated). Some are/potentially joining my support team
  • Some invaluable connections were made this past week that I am so excited about!

This trip actually gave me something I didn't expect- clarity. Although I am not clear about it yet. Ha! Going to three churches in one day is a first for me and I wouldn't really recommend it as a way of life but I loved being able to see the different ways that people approach worshiping the same God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I met with some pastors who are very serious about the message of Jesus Christ and sharing the transformative story of God. Each are doing it in a way that is relevant and contextualixzed to their communities. I can't wait for this trip to NZ so I can understand better my context of Greenhithe.