Saturday, February 14, 2009

What I'll be doing in New Zealand: Updated

This is a follow up from "Why New Zealand" that I posted in October. A lot has happened since then and there is a clearer plan of what I'll be doing.

I'm excited to know that I will be serving as a youth pastor to about 20+ youth at Shore Grace in Greenhithe, NZ- this church is a 5 yr old contemporary, missional church plant which is very community oriented. By time I get there, the church will be planting again and I will get to work with the youth in the other location as well.

Pastor Mike Yates wrote to me and said "Stephanie we do have a need for a Youth Pastor and development in the Young Adults... There is so much scope here. The community we are in is stacked full of teens, going nowhere...with no spiritual direction and I just have a heart to see these kids reached for Christ and generation of future men and women of God coming out of this community. It is possible and we are but scratching the surface..."


<---Some of the students at Shore Grace at "Yuck Night"


Thanks to those who have been and are supporting me, emotionally, spiritually, and financially. I am so grateful and excited to see how God is and will use me here while I am hone to spread his Gospel and then in NZ when I work with the youth.

I have had contact with the leader of the youth group and everyone is very excited about my arrival... so I am hoping that it will be soon! Right now my GOAL is SEPTEMBER, God-willing. As soon as my team of 100 prayer partners and 23 churches, 40 families financially supporting me is reached, I can go. So keep praying :-) And I'll keep you posted!