Friday, November 7, 2008
Leaves that are green turn to brown
I love the change in seasons and the colors that fall brings! The sky is full of bright oranges and reds. I love the sound of the crunch beneath my feet as I stroll through the crisp autumn air. It's interesting to think that this beauty of fall leaves is actually a process of death. Every year the leaves die, releasing different chemicals that producing the colors we see. And we think it is beautiful. Because it is. You and I both know that. How can death be so beautiful?
Christ puts to death certain parts of us, but he does not leave it dead forever, come spring there will be new life growing from every tree. So, your tree which may be very fruitless at the moment, don't lose heart. God may be at work in you. Putting away the old self and helping you to "become". This is not an easy process and sometimes we endure rather noisily, but maybe we should stop and see that this present pain, this death to self, is actually beautiful. A change in season. Who knows what life this trial will bring forth come spring?
