Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Interviews from the Junior High School

Below are interviews from the Principal, Deputy Principal (aka Vice Principal) and the School Counselor that I work most closely with reflecting on what I do at the school. I felt pretty awesome hearing about their confidence in my work! Thank the Lord!

 
As you know I am working at a local school and it is SO GOOD. Before I left I have been getting SUCH good feedback from the Principal (who happens to be named Michael Jackson, haha) and the Deputy Principal. I also work closely with the counseling dept. The principal is trying to get me to go to teacher's college (bc he digs my skills) and the counsellor has entrusted me with more and more with counseling some students. Wow! It is such a privilege to get to support the school, the teachers and students as a youth worker. It is so unique and just the other day Heidi said to me she is so glad that I am there to help her. I partnered with her to run a group that teaching kids' resiliency skills. Its neat to see these kids grow in a holistic way. 

I would love prayer for my role at the school. There is so much potential that it can be overwhelming. Also, I would LOVE to have a partner to work with. Can you pray someone would develop to come alongside me? I would soo appreciate that. Again, thanks for your support!!