One of my DREAMS in coming to NZ was to get into the public school system. Its amazing that they still allow outside people in (especially Christians). I wanted the chance of connecting with kids in the place they are required to be for most of their week. I've gotten to do Champions program in 3 schools, which is awesome but I've wanted to connect more with teenagers.
Well, over the past couple weeks there's been a buzz with numerous meetings and interviews... all working towards to goal of becoming a youth worker in a local PUBLIC SCHOOL. As of Wednesday, I am officially Albany Junior High's first female youth worker! WOOOHHOOOOO. This means that 10 hours a week I will be in the school, meeting kids, going on school camps, and being an all around encouragement to the students and staff. We'll see what the specifics are as we figure out where I can fill a need. :-)
I appreciate your prayers with this! I am already scheduled to go on a school camp, what a great intro!! I figured you guys would be really excited and wanted to share with you. As always, thanks for being alongside me and supporting me.
:) Steph