Monday, September 13, 2010

Sistas-- "Freedom Fighters"

All the moms set up their family's schedules and homes, arranged husbands, children, babysitters, meals, & transport, to escape away for a few days to be with their "sistas" to get some pampering, teaching, and worship together for a few days. It was really good; there were speakers from Ukarine, Canada and Australia, all brang a good word... all kinda celebrating being a woman of God and the story we find ourselves in & standing up and fighting for LIFE. When I say life, I mean the life that God meant for us to live, being a part of the epic story of God & standing up against the opposing forces to be a light in this dark, broken world. I am still processing a lot... these kinds of things always bring up life "issues" and makes me realize that God and I have a lot to talk about, haha. A little thing I thought was cool is they addressed a lot of issues facing women (and these are often magnified in teens such as eating disorder, abuse, self-harm, suicide). I feel a little better equipped & I found some good New Zealand resources (people, organizations and books) that can help along the way! ThankyouLord!!
The beautiful women from Shore Grace (my church)

Closing worship
Carmel (R), me, 13 women from my church and 1,000s from all over NZ @ "Sistas" conference


The women of my church are awesome. The last night at the conference I was sitting in my sit and one them walked up to me with a wad of cash in their hand for me. I was kinda confused and then she said, it so you can come next year. wow. Unbelievable. Seriously. And it made me cry. And I am not a crier! But these people! They make me all emotional!! I am so well loved and looked after here. It is such a testimony to how AMAZING GOD is, sincerely. (Reminds me of Matthew 5:16 "Let your light shine before humanity, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven"... I see their good deeds and thank God for them!)