Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Has a song ever made you cry?

Sure there are plenty of classic mooshy-gooshy or sad songs out there that make me wanna tear up. But the other day I heard this song and I literally started tearing up... wanna know the song? Ke$ha's "Blah Blah Blah" Surprised? Um, yeah, me too.

Ke$ha (22), says her inspiration for her songs are from her life expiriences. The most startling lyrics from her hit "Blah Blah Blah" go like this... "I don't really care where you live at just turn around boy and let me hit that/Dont be a little b---- with your chit chat just show me where your d--- at... Boy come on now / I wanna dance with no pants on." Listening to this song my heart broke as I thought about all the teens singing along in their cars and at the clubs, buying into the lies that these songs sell.

These messages blatantly promoting promiscuity, all that matters is sex/sex appeal, there's 'freedom' in doing whatever feels good, etc. All these lies are packaged as hot, fun and carefree and sold as truth. But really living out what most songs on the Top 40 preach will bring pain and self-imprisonment- a life of repeated heart break, sin, and bad relationships. The sad thing is, many times it takes actually expiriencing these things to realize that. Although I'm speaking against the messages of these songs, thats not the main thing. My heart breaks for the young people in this world who are lost without God, living under bondage and not able to see it. I pray that God would use the church, the PEOPLE of Christ, to love young people towards God. Please join me in praying and investing in the young generation.