Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lion-Chasing Women

I met Julie (R) a few years ago at Never the Same youth camp and it is so cool to see where God has lead her! Its encouraging to me to see other women serving in pastoral roles and rocking the world for Jesus. Rock on Illa and Julie!

The book I'm reading, In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day has a reocurring theme of facing our fears to chase after the dreams that God has given us... Julie is a young, single woman who is chasing those lions! Read below for an excerpt:

Julie shared: "In February I sensed God calling me to leave my job as a youth pastor in Michigan. I started dreaming about what was next, how God had wired me, and what avenues I was not pursuing because I was scared. During this time God brought to the forefront my passion for church planting, which was something I believed to be far off in the future. He also affirmed my desire to reach young adults, as this is the age group that is not connecting with the church. Only five percent of people from 18-33 are believers. This sobering stat is the lowest in history.

In my evaluation at The Church Planters Assessment Center I was challenged to accept God was calling me to church plant and I better stop being scared and do what God was calling me to do. With advice like that what other option did I have!

Rev. Harris adds, "The picture is of two church planting ladies who tackled the mission of church planting as single ladies while both were in their mid-twenties!"

Read the full article here: http://www.wesleyan.org/doc/news_article?id=466&src=news