Friday, August 28, 2009
How to measure a day's success?
At night, when my head hits the pillow. How do I measure a day's success or failure? By tasks completed? Hours at work? Emails written? Bill paid? Calls made? Sometimes this is how I measure my day. In what I can produce. But my soul cries out. My productivity is not what life is about. There has to be another way. The question that she be rolling around in my head at night is: how did I love today? Did my hearts attitude reflect that of Christ? Did I treat others with respect and dignity? Am I allowing God to transform my life; the way I think, act, move, eat, use my money and my time... am I allowing God to permeate into every area of life so that my life mirrors the one who created it? Maybe that is how I should measure my day. But if I am honest with myself, I will admit it takes courage to measure life this way.