As of district conference on Friday, July 24th, 2009 I am officially a LICENSED MINISTER with the Wesleyan Church. VERY exciting!! I can now officially marry, bury, baptize and lead communion. I am so stinkin' puuuuuumped! I felt a call into ministry when I was in high school but it took me four years before I actually answered the call and started working towards ordination (which is still a few years away). For the longest time I struggled with the idea of being a woman in ministry and was so unsure if God could use me as a pastor...and I was scared. But its been a process (like everything in my life) and God has brought me to a point of confidence and excitement in my call. Now I am just celebrating the road...and constantly praying that my life would exemplify what it looks like to be experiencing the love, redemption and freedom of knowing and following God.
So, thank you to everyone along the way that really encouraged me (and gently pushed). I never, ever would have dreamed this call to minister with youth would have lead to me to New Zealand either. It is like God took everything I love and am passionate about: God, young people, ministry, teaching, mentoring, travel, missions, outdoors... and mixed up to bring me to NZ. I never could have even imagined it. I am so grateful to God- thank YOU.
PS: for Sarah... small airplane, loud Italian mob voice..."HONEY, SHE'S GONNA BE A PRIEST!"