Sunday, May 24, 2009

I made it! Days 1 and 2

I am here in Auckland, NZ. Seems like a dream still. yesterday, which seems like ages ago, I was greeted excitedly at the airport by my dear friend Rachel (she jumped/tripped over a guardrail to greet me very loudly :-)) and the rest of the NZ/Global Partners crew. Josh, Amber and I slept enough on the plane and arrived in good spirits, pumped to see everyone.

It was a very long day yesterday, arriving at 5:25 am NZ time (i completely skipped May 22). I got to meet all the people I have been WAITING to meet for so long, it is amazing to put actual PEOPLE to all the conversations :-) Rachel and I got to spend a lot of time together yesterday (she and I have known each other for 14 years, & grew up attending the same church in Buffalo, NY, now she is living here out of love for God and people). She took me to a famous burger place, Burger Fuel and we went to Mount Victoria to get a great view of the city. I am staying with a wonderful family and the pastor of the church I will be working, Mike and Michelle Yates. There kids are amazing and I am enjoying eating meals witht them and getting to know each other better :-))
Today I got to meet my church- Shore Grace- in action. It was unbelievable, becuase I have been praying and getting ready to meet everyone for so long, it seemed surreal. I have a photo of the school that they meet in, of a porch off the building with bright colored panels and as I approached the building and saw that balcony of bright colored panels, I almost busted out in tears- it was insane to see it in person. i enjoyed worshipoing with everyone and then getting to hang out with the youth. These are some really sharp students. I am so pumped to be a part of each other's stories for 2 years. I pray that it would come soon!!!
Keep praying! I appreciate it so much!