Sunday, December 7, 2008

Exciting update!!

My role in NZ has been kind of cloudy but I clouds are clearing and I can see the light of day! (Too much? Ok) Well, I spoke with Mike Yates, the Pastor of Shore Grace church in Auckland, NZ and it looks like I will be joining his team at Shore Grace Church. Shore Grace is a contemporary/missional five year old church plant on the North shore of Auckland. It’s here that I will get to serve as youth pastor and be involved with planting another church in Greenhithe!!


Mike wrote to me recently explaining that, “The community we are in is stacked full of teens, going nowhere...with no spiritual direction and I just have a heart to see these kids reached for Christ and generation of future men and women of God coming out of this community. It is possible and we are but scratching the surface…”

Mike explained that their theme verse this year has been; Isaiah 54:2: "Enlarge the place of your tent....stretch your tent curtains wide ...do not hold back...." Join me in prayer that Shore Grace would continue to enlarge their territory with a church plant and for God’s guidance and wisdom! Thanks!


I am so pumped that I actually know what I will be doing, it makes me that much more anxious to be over there. Please pray that God would continue to grow me as I am raising my support this year (and that I can get over there asap!)