Thursday, July 31, 2008

The banner reads; "A Tribute to Our Creator"

I just got back from Creation Festival West Coast, a four day non-stop Christian music festival, with the students from the “Underground-” the youth center of the church I am interning at in Cashmere, Washington. Look at that VIEW! It is in George, Washington (haha)... in a gorge, a natural amphitheatre. BEAUTIFUL!! The picutres can't even begin to capture it. I got to see some of my favorite bands; Leeland, Switchfoot, Phil Wickham, Eleventy Seven (new fav), David Crowder, etc. Lots of students, music, worship, sun, jumping around, camping, sweating, and fun. :-)

These students I went with are so awesome. I am so impressed by their faith and character. I am learning so much and being stretched and challenged by these young people! One of the pastors I am interning with, Steve Haney, said the other day that the youth are the NOT the future of the Church. THEY ARE THE CHURCH NOW. What a powerful realization. These students ARE THE CHURCH. I see that this church, Christ Center, values the youth. I am so privileged and grateful to be a part of of the body of Christ.

It reminds me of Paul’s encouragement to Timothy when he tells him to not let the anyone put him down because he is young, but to instead live a life of love, faith, and integrity (1 Tim 4:12 MSG). Timothy was young yet Paul valued him because he IS the church just as these young people of Cashmere, Washington ARE the church, leading us by their example of faith. Rock on!